Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 8 July 1985

એક વાદળી માટે ઝંખુ



______________________________________________________
એ ખરું કે
મને કોઈએ કહ્યું ન્હોતું -

બાવન માં થી બહાર પડવાને ટાંકણે
બાવીસ દિવસ નો વનવાસ તો મેં
જાતે , સામે ચાલી , જાણી જોઈ
વ્હોરી લીધો  ;

પણ મારા મન નું કારણ
કોને , કેમ કરી કહું  ?

મારા ઓઠ પર
પટ્ટીઓ જ મારવા ની બાકી રહી છે ,
બાકી તો મૌન જ મૌન છે .

'ને જો તને શરમ આવતી હોય
તો સવાર સાંજ
કાળા ચશ્માં પહેરી રાખું !

જીવ તો અમસ્તોય
રૂંધાય છે ,
ગૂંગળાય છે ,
ભીંસાય છે .

પણ તને તો મારો
શ્વાસ પણ સંભળાય છે ?

હું તો એક પ્રતિક માટે ઝંખુ
એક symbolic gesture માટે -

વૈશાખ ની આ બળબળતી બપોરે 

એક વાદળી માટે ઝંખુ .

--------------------------------

Sanand  /   08 July  1985

=============================================

A Longing for Blue

 

It is true that

Nobody told me -

 

Citing dropping out of fifty-two

I spent twenty-two days in exile

Himself, walked forward, knowingly

Whori took ;

 

But the reason of my mind

To whom, why?

 

On my eight

Only the stripes remain to be beaten,

Otherwise silence is silence.

 

If you are ashamed

So morning and evening

Keep wearing black glasses!

 

Life is not enough

choked,

suffocating,

Get wet.

 

But you are mine

Can you even hear breathing?

 

I yearn for an icon

For a symbolic gesture -

 

On this sultry afternoon of Baisakh

A longing for blue.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated in Google Translate - 29/02/2024

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment