Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 15 July 2013

ઓ શરબત પીનારાઓ



_________________________________________________________________________________
દીવાનાઓ તમે , ગણી લેજો તમારો મને ,
કમી કરી દેજો મને , તમે દોસ્ત શાણાઓ ,

ઉમ્મર યુવાની છે , દાસ્તાન જવાની છે ,
 અમારા પર હજુ ઈશ્ક ની મહેરબાની છે ;

નથી ઝાંખપ અમારા ચશ્મ માં લાગી ,
હજુ દરેક મુગ્ધા માં , પ્રિયા ની મૂર્તિ છે ભાળી ;

નથી શક્તિ જરાથી , અમારી કુંઠિત થઇ સાથી
હામ છે ભરવા સમંદર સાત થી બાથી ;

ભૂલી જાઓ મને , ઓ શરબત પીનારાઓ
સુરા ના જામ થી લાગી , અમારી રહી સહી બાજી ,

ખુશ કિસ્મતી મારી , પડી ના જંજીર સોના ની
ફૂલ ફૂલ થી છે  ભવરા તણી , આદત ભમવા ની .

---------------------------

Written  /  18  May  1957

===================================================================

O Drinkers of Sherbet

 

You crazy people, consider me yours,

Reduce me, you wise friends,

 

Age is youth, Dastan is about to go,

 We are still at the mercy of love;

 

There is no dimness in our eyes,

Yet in every mugha, the idol of Priya is Bhali;

 

There is no power at all, our friend has become weak

Ham hai bharwa samandar seven to bathi ;

 

Forget me, O drinkers of sherbet

Sura Na Jam Lagi, our signature instrument,

 

Khush Kismati Mari, Padi Na Zanjeer Sona Ni

Phul is from Phul Bhavara Tani, the habit of barking.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated in Google Translate - 04/03/2024

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment