Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 11 May 2016

પણ કેમ કરી પહેરાવું ?




__________________________________________

આજે વસંત ની વાટ છે ,

પલાશ ને હૈયે 
ટહુકી કોયલ,

" મને પ્રિતમ ની આશ છે  "  !

સાંભળે સ્તબ્ધ બની આકાશ 
દૂર દૂર થી 
ફાગણ ના ભણકારા ,
ભણકારા ,
ભણકારા  !

ચૈતર આવ્યો , 
પ્રિતમ નાવ્યો  ;

હોઠ ગયાં તરસી ,
આંખ ગયી વરસી  ;

વાયરો વસંત નો પ્રગટાવે 
એ અનલ ને કોણ બૂઝાવે  ?

ગુલમોર મારી  !

લાવું લાલ ઓઢણી તારી ,
પણ કેમ કરી પહેરાવું  ?

તું ઉંચી મેડી ને ઝરુખે 
ને હું ધૂળ્ધોયો 
કૂબા નો  

----------------------------------------

Pune Transit House  /  April 02 , 1989 / #

www.hemenparekh.in / Poems ( Gujarati )

Hindi Transliteration / 10 Oct 2016


--------------------------------------------------------

बसंत की राह में बैठा हूँ ,

कोयल बैठी है 
पलाश की शाख पर ,

और कूकती है :

" कहाँ है प्रीतम  ?
  मुझे उनकी आश है  "


फैलती है 
दूर दूर तक 
सूने आकाश के 
उर तक ,
फागुन की चित्कार ;

क्या कहे चैत्र  ?

" प्रीतम के लिए 
  तरस गया हूँ  ,

लगायी जो आग बसंत ने ,
उसे कौन बुज़ाए  ? "


प्रिये ,
तू है महलोँ की रानी 
मै ठहरा  कुटियों  का किरदार  

लाया हु जो ओढ़नी लाल ,
तुझे कैसे पहेनावु  ? "

==============================================
But Why Wear It?

 

Today is the time of spring,

 

Palash ne haiye

cuckoo cuckoo,

 

"I hope for Pritam"!

 

Akash was stunned to hear

from far away

Fagan's education,

education,

Education!

 

Chaitar came,

Pritam Navaya ;

 

lips are thirsty,

A year passed by the eye;

 

The wires light up the spring

Who will call that anal?

 

My Gulmore!

 

Bring your red robe,

But why wear it?

 

You need a tall meddy

And I washed it

Kuba no.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated in Google Translate - 06/03/2024

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  










No comments:

Post a Comment